Value Added Tax
Value added tax is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business – so complex that many businesses overpay or underpay VAT by mistake.
The ever widening scope of VAT, the constant stream of detailed changes to the regulations and the ever growing demands of HM Revenue & Customs call for a trained professional eye to ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulations and do not pay more than you need to!
- The pros and cons of voluntary registration
- The timing of compulsory registration
- Extracting maximum benefit from the rules on de-registration
- Partial exemption
- Timing and delaying VAT payments
- Flat rate VAT schemes
- VAT on imports and exports
- VAT control visits by Customs and Excise